EIGHT ESSENTIAL QUESTIONS TO ASK WHEN BUYING A HOME
Buying a home, whether a resale or in a new homes in Belton TX development, can be an exciting but also stressful time period. There are many important things to know and do throughout the entire home buying process that you want to make sure you’re asking the right questions before making such a big purchase. Here are essential questions you should ask when buying a new home.
- How long has the home been on the market? – There may be many reasons why a home has been on the market for a while. It’s always good to ask. The home may be too expensive, there may have been problems with the home inspection, a potential buyer’s financing may have fallen through, or you may just be in luck. An owner may be a little more flexible with lowering the price for a home that has been on the market for six or more months.
- What’s the home’s sales history – You don’t have to ask a realtor or current owner for this information. Just look at multiple listing services (MLS) to find out when the home last sold and what the current owner’s paid.
- Were any major renovations made? – Did the current owner’s finish the basement, redo the kitchen or upgrade the bathrooms? Find out how much they paid for the upgrades or changes to get an idea of how much they may want to be compensated for that work.
- What are the comps in the area? – It’s important to know that the home’s value is relative to similar homes in the area. Comps in the area will give you an idea of how much your offer should be.
- What are the additional fees? – The sales price isn’t the only number you should know. Find out how much property taxes will be and don’t forget to factor in monthly maintenance and utility costs such as water, waste, electric, gas, etc. If the community you’re interested in has a HOA, find out what is covered and what the annual dues are. Ask residents how strictly they enforce laws and how often do they cite residents for breaking those laws.
- What features come standard? When purchasing a home in a new community you may find a combination of standard and upgraded options in a model home. Ask the builder which features come standard and which upgrades you’ll have to pay for.
- Are there warranties? – Does the builder offer a warranty and if so what does it cover or for how long? Does the seller have documentation of warranties on appliances, windows, garage doors, etc.? If yes, then ask to see these. The papers should tell you how long they’ve had the product, when it may need to be replaced, and how much that may be. All of Kiella homes are well protected through HOME of Texas Limited Warranty. Ask us for details!
- How will the neighborhood develop – Ask to see plans of the neighborhood as well as the town itself to see how it will look in the months and years to come.
What questions have you asked when buying a home? And if you in the market for a new home we hope that you will consider a home by Kiella Homebuilders. We have beautiful new homes in Belton TX in the communities of The Bluff at Dunn’s Hollow and Campus at Lakewood Ranch. Contact us today at (254) 778-0085 to learn more.